09 April 2007

Easter Bookish Things

Easter Reading Yes, that is an actual portrait of my holiday TBR pile ... sometime this week there is going to have to be a visit to the library website for a spot of renewing.

It’s a wonderful feeling, waking up on Monday morning and knowing that there’s a whole week a ahead of you in which you don’t have to think about uni once; seven days of reading, writing, reading, crocheting, and reading. Or rather, five days, followed by two days of cramming for the Plant Biotech. midsemester I have at 10am on the first day back. Easter this year was originally intended to be an excuse to eat chocolate and read Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. But then I overindulged at the library last month, with the result that it’s actually an excuse to eat chocolate and rush through my remaining checkouts in order to borrow Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. Eventually.

I got a wonderful surprise last night when I stopped by Chris’s Book-a-Rama and discovered that I’ve been nominated for a.... Thinking Blogger Award ....Thinking Blogger Award. (Thanks Chris!). So now it’s my turn to find five blogs not previously nominated - as far as I can tell - that make me think:

Bloggerdybooks!

BookMinx

A Life in Books

Reading, Writing, and Stuff that Makes Me Crazy

Slipping in the Rain

The rules:

1. If, and only if you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.

2. Link to that post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.

3. Optional: Proudly display your "Thinking Blogger Award" with a link to the post that you wrote

And I was also delighted last night to see that the adaptation of My Family and Other Animals lived up to expectations; I completely forgot about the existence of The Historian, even though Dracula had just put in a personal appearance. I really do think that poor Larry got the worst of it, between opening the scorpion-filled matchbox and having his study shredded by the magpies. Which reminds me that I must get around to starting Justine.

Eventually.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award! Chris nominated Tea Reads, too, and I was really honored.

    The hardest part was to narrow down the list to 5, wasn't it?

    (The Historian is on my pile.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the award! you have a great book blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teabird17: Thanks! And yes, it was a challenge, although so many blogs being already nominated did at least narrow the field a bit.

    Sulz: No worries! I actually quite enjoyed spreading a little calorie-free Easter joy around. Thanks for the compliment, too.

    Ilker: You know, I was wondering where the Thinking Blogger thing started . . . mystery solved!

    ReplyDelete

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776