03 February 2009

Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesdays TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from - that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

A perfect commotion took place. The doctor, who heard it as he was standing in the drawing-room, knew that his daughter was coming and retired into the furthest corner, where he might not see her entrance.

From Barchester Towers by Anthony Trollope, p. 95.

11 comments:

  1. I love that! I have never read Trollope, but I intend to very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your teaser leaves me wondering what he overheard...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like one I should check out for the victorian reading challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly how the doctor feels - not about my daughters - but some people. Sounds like a good book.

    Considering I have no idea what spruiking (and other big words) is, maybe I do need a vocabulary challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    Haven't heard of this book, it sounds intriguing! As for your Word of the Week. I have put you into my blog list and will be checking in for new words. It sounds like a great meme. I like learning new words. Have a great day!!

    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any Trollope. Are you enjoying it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read that one, but it reminds me of a few of Jane Austen's books!

    :) Wendi

    Here's my Teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read this book last year and just loved it! I even remember this exact moment in it. Thanks for sharing the teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I own one or two books by Trollope, but I have never got around to reading them. This teaser makes me reconsider him, though. Will I find a review of the book if I return? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Spruiking" is making a sales pitch . . . and apparently a word that hasn't migrated to the rest of the world! I am enjoying the book, and a review will appear when I've finished - early next week, probably. It's a long book.

    ReplyDelete

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776