09 April 2009

How Did You Get Here?

Having seen such posts done, I decided to check out my own search stats. Most of the keyword combinations were entirely sane (generally including the words “book review”). Some, however, were baffling or just plain bizarre:

raising the dead after many weeks
I don’t think I want to know the who and why of this, but I would suggest you proceed with a great deal of caution. Preferably after having disabled your sense of smell. (Or are you thinking along zombie reanimation lines? Because then I really can’t help.)

thing in the bible starting with j
I can think of quite a few people and a couple of places - but not a thing. Maybe there's a j thing I haven't gotten to yet?

the book of genesis and tess of the d’urbervilles
I’ve read both of them? That's the only connection I can see. I’d recommend you read Tess and skip Genesis, if you haven’t already done so.

www.i-boldwood.blogspot.com
Nope, not me. As you might have noticed if you’d paid attention to the url. In fact, this address doesn’t even exist!

treasurehunt if d=1 of=80 and g=23...what word is 35 57 3 20 87 20 53 53 5
Er ... pass. No idea. But if you’re involved in a treasure hunt, might I suggest that visiting totally off-topic blogs is not the most efficient way of proceeding?

don wycherley substitute teaching
I'm sure Mr Wycherley is a fine substitute teacher ... But I’ve never heard of him, and except for that fact that I've got “Wycherley” in my sidebar I can’t imagine what your search engine was thinking.

girl sitting down holding basket and a rose 18th century painting
Something by Reynolds? Gainsborough? I write about books, not art!

hephaestion the man in the iron mask
Ancient Greek ... seventeenth-century Frenchman ... yes, I can see how you might get the two confused.

what is the temporal setting of the alchemist
Your guess is as good as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776