15 July 2010

Booking Through Thursday: Hot!

Well, folks, I don’t know about where you are, but right here, it’s HOT.

So … when you think about “hot reading,” what does that make you think of? Beach reading? Steamy romances? Books that take place in hot climates? Or cold ones?

Where I am it’s the middle of winter. Which is not to say it’s cold - it is the subtropics, after all - but still too chilly for my preferred form of “hot reading”....

Scary stuff! When even the weeds have wilted, and the humidity makes anything more strenuous than turning the next page just too much effort, there’s nothing like a few shivers down the spine to take my mind off the heat. It helps, too, that spooky stories are generally set in suitably eerie locations - amid the chill of autumn and winter, as far from a Brisbane summer as you can get.

3 comments:

  1. There are so many different viewpoints to this question today. They are all fun to read, including yours.

    Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this questions and seeing everyone's take on it.

    Here's my answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I ought to give spooky reading a chance in my time of reading slump! Right now I am going through that phase.

    Here is my "hot" post!

    ReplyDelete

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776