24 August 2010

It’s Tuesday, Where Are You? / Teaser Tuesdays

It’s Tuesday, Where Are You?

I’m with the Murder squad in Dublin, investigating a case I should probably keep well away from. The victim was found in the area where, twenty years ago on the day I can’t remember, my two best friends disappeared and I somehow survived.

In the Woods by Tana French.

Teaser Tuesdays TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from - that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

By the time we got back to the site, the reporters had arrived. I gave them the standard preliminary spiel (I do this part, on the basis that I look more like a responsible adult than Cassie does): body of a young girl, name not being released till all the relatives are informed, treating it as a suspicious death, anyone who may have any information please contact us, no comment no comment no comment.

From In the Woods by Tana French, p. 64.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a very interesting mystery. Mine is from The God of the Hive by Laurie R. King. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one's already on my TBR list. Hope you're enjoying it. Love the teaser!

    Here’s my teaser from Remarkable Creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good murder mystery, enjoy your read...

    I did not do a post but my teaser is from Kat Richardson’s “Greywalker series book #2-Poltergeist” page 207 sentence #5 & 6..

    I needed a closer look at Celia. In the confusion, I bolted toward the observation room door as the board full of Christmas lights in the seance room exploded, raining colored glass and sparks over Ana, Cara and Wayne.

    jackie b @ Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser. I have seen this book around. I hope you're enjoying it! My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked this a lot, and liked the follow up book even more!

    ReplyDelete

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776