04 June 2007

An Answer, A Game, and a (Semi) Hiatus is Announced

I stopped by the library on my way home today, to return Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell (among others). I had wondered whether something of that size would fit into the return slot, and it did - with barely half a centimetre to spare. I made a mental note to think twice should the urge ever strike to borrow one of those really large-size non-fiction books.

One thing I have been amusing myself with lately is the Blogroll Game over at The Hidden Side of a Leaf. So many blogs to explore, and free books up for grabs! It’s a good excuse for blog-surfing, and kudos to Dewey - and her inspiration Michele - for creating it.

The Game will have to be put on hold for a while, as will most everything else around here. It’s one of my two least-favourite times of year: end-of-semester exams. (One down, three to go...) I will keep reading ... some ... but reviews could be another matter. There’ll be a rush in the next few days while I clear the backlog of reading and writing; but after that, to quote Queensland Rail, some delays can be expected. Things won’t return to normal until after the 23rd. Yes, that’s right: my last exam is on a Saturday. At 8.30am!. And it’s the third semester in a row that’s happened to me.

Wish me luck, everyone!

11 comments:

  1. Best of luck with exams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:49 AM

    I can understand the bookdrop issue. I'm sure I shouldn't have to tell you though that you would be wasting your breath speaking to the person at the desk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was perusing your Banned Book Challenge list and I have to say...if you read any of your E.C. books - go for "Dracula." It's excellent and surprisingly modern. Good luck on your exams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you mean covers of books. I was thinking bed. My bad. ;)

    (got here through the blogroll game - good luck on your exams!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got here via the blogroll game!

    Glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which just goes to show that my devious plan to conquer the blogosphere by luring visitors under false pretences is working :-)

    ReplyDelete

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776