29 June 2007

I Must Be Mad . . .

... to take on another challenge. But I’ve just discovered that Lesley at A Life in Books is hosting

And so of course I hopped straight out of my chair to rummage through my TBR box in search of anything that might qualify. I mean, I’m going to read them anyway, right? So I might as well read them as part of a challenge ... (how good am I at justification?). And the winners are:

My Brilliant Career by Miles Franklin - Australia
1876 by Gore Vidal - 19th-century America (overlap with TBR Challenge)
The Last King of Scotland by Giles Foden - Uganda
The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera - Czechoslovakia
Stargazing: Memoirs of a Yong Lighthouse Keeper by Peter Hill - a lighthouse somewhere
The Bafut Beagles by Gerald Durrell - Cameroon
Possibly to be interchanged with:
The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende - Chile
The Goldsmith’s Wife by Jean Plaidy - 12th-century England
And anything I’ve forgotten or might stumble across later.
It is only one book a month.

1 comment:

  1. Of all those titles, I've read exactly one . . . My Brilliant Career. Funny, since you're the Australian. :) I saw the movie, first, and drooled a bit over Sam Neill. The book is great, too, though.

    ReplyDelete

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776