24 June 2010

Library Loot

Library Loot











Wicked
Alex & Me
The Illustrious Dead
The Professor
Remarkable Creatures
Waverley
London: The Wicked City - Fergus Linnane
Alex & Me - Irene M. Pepperberg
The Illustrious Dead - Stephen Talty
The Professor - Charlotte Bronte
Remarkable Creatures - Tracy Chevalier
Waverley - Sir Walter Scott

I had an unpleasant surprise at the library today: made a beeline for the history section and found myself gazing blankly at the travel books. Seems someone had the bright idea of shifting the biographies from the end of the non-fiction shelves to the beginning, and now I have to relearn where everything is. I cheered up, though, at the unintentional comedy of Don Quixote shelved under Q ... and at the number of books I found that I can count toward various challenges. The best discovery was Alex & Me - the Non-Fiction 5 Challenge specifies that one book must be different from the other four, and for a while I was at a loss as to where I would find a non-fiction book with nothing to do with history.

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776