01 December 2010

NaNoWriMo Day 30: Thank God It's Over - I Think

30 days. Too many cups of coffee. Too few hours of sleep. 80,592 words if Microsoft Word’s doing the counting. Several hundred less it it’s the NaNo website. (Definitely something strange going on there; up until last night it was adding a couple of hundred.)

It’s over for another year! In a way it’s a relief; I’ve spent the last few days thinking, I just want this novel to be finished! Not that it’s anywhere near that, of course, but now at least I can give my poor hands a break and halve the amount I type each day.

But I think I’m going to miss the thrill of being wide awake and eager to keep plotting and writing at 1 in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I puttered out right about the time I passed the 50,000 words mark! I can't wait to go and review it once a little time has passed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I seem to have puttered out as soon as the clock ticked over to December! But I am determined to finish it by Christmas and start editing sometime in January. (And I am determined to finish editing, unlike in previous years.)

    ReplyDelete

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776