06 April 2010

Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesdays TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from - that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

The Hereditary Princess had to reassure her father that, on her instructions, the Prince would write no more, as the King disliked answering letters. Accordingly, when they heard at Windsor that the Prince had had an accident out shooting in Germany, no great sympathy was felt for him.

From Princesses: The Six Daughters of George III by Flora Fraser, p. 167.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds kind of cold! I hope you enjoyed the book. My TT is from The Seventh Witch and can be found here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful teaser! I am adding this novel to my TBR pile. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/04/teaser-tuesdays-in-shadow-of-cypress.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. Happy reading! My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intersting teaser. I hope that you will enjoy your book. [My Tuesday Teaser]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and here is my teaser:

    "The child is very young to be sent alone," said she, putting her candle down on the table. She considered me for a minute or two, then further added - "She had better be put to bed soon; she looks so tired. "Are you tired?" she asked, placing her hand on my shoulder.

    "A little, ma'am"

    ~page 52

    ReplyDelete

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776