28 May 2010

Library Loot

Library Loot











The Lambs of London
Rebels and Traitors
Sea of Poppies
The Janissary Tree
The Other Boleyn Girl
Wolf Hall
The Lambs of London - Peter Ackroyd
Rebels and Traitors - Lindsey Davis
Sea of Poppies - Amitav Ghosh
The Janissary Tree - Jason Goodwin
The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory
Wolf Hall - Hilary Mantel

A couple of days ago, I was wondering what books I could read for the Chunkster Challenge. Now I’m wondering how I’ll finish my borrowed chunksters in four weeks! 651 pages in Wolf Hall, 742 in Rebels and Traitors ... and they’re both way too big to squeeze into my handbag. Looks like my evening knitting will have to be put on hold for a while.

And I’ve only now realised that every novel in that pile is historical!

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg.

3 comments:

  1. I love that every book is historical! Good looking pile of books you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that I've got a couple of exotic locales in there! It's high time I branched out beyond ye olde England.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it a sign of my book nerdiness that I often choose which purse to carry based on whether it's big enough to hold the book I want with me? lol

    ReplyDelete

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776