22 March 2007

Booking Through Thursday: Keeping it Short

1. Short Stories? Or full-length novels?

I usually prefer novels, but I do read short stories if I see a collection that catches my fancy, or by an author I like. I don’t always have the best of luck with short stories; too often I find them pointless, disturbing, or just plain confusing. But when they’re good they can be a fun way to pass the time.

2. And, what’s your favourite source for short stories? (You know, if you read them.)

The same places I get nearly all of my books: the library and the Bookfest!

2 comments:

  1. The Decameron just showed up at my house, within the past two weeks or so. Are you enjoying it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am! It's much more readable than Chaucer, the stories being shorter and in prose. And as a bonus, the Introduction paints a vivid if unappealing picture of life during the Black Death.

    ReplyDelete

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776