21 September 2010

It’s Tuesday, Where Are You? / Teaser Tuesdays

It’s Tuesday, Where Are You?

I’m in Upper Nettlefold, where the neighbourhood is buzzing with the news that the Fountains’ butler has been shot.

Why Shoot a Butler? by Georgette Heyer.

Teaser Tuesdays TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from - that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

“Well, when a chap opens a letter, reads it and turns a sort of pea-green, and sits staring at the fatal document like one struck with the palsy, the astute spectator at once divines the cause. Besides, I asked him.”

From Why Shoot a Butler? by Georgette Heyer, p. 86.

6 comments:

  1. I read this book a while ago and quite liked it, although I do prefer her regencies.

    My teaser is from Mockingjay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful teaser!

    Here is my Teaser Tuesday post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Great teaser and something I totally read :)

    Here's my Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! Sounds like an intriguing book.
    Thanks for visiting my blog An Avid Reader's Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, love the title. I hope that you enjoy your book. Check out my Tuesday Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! My TT from City of Ashes is here.
    xx,
    E.J.
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776