12 September 2010

Library Loot

Library Loot











Why Shoot a Butler?
The Pindar Diamond
The Spellman Files
Her Fearful Symmetry
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Notes from a Big Country

Why Shoot a Butler? - Georgette Heyer
The Pindar Diamond - Katie Hickman
The Spellman Files - Lisa Lutz
Her Fearful Symmetry - Audrey Niffenegger
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Schaffer
Notes from a Big Country - Bill Bryson

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society! Her Fearful Symmetry! Did I choose the right day to go to the library or what? I didn’t actually intend to borrow so many books ... it just sort of happened. And good thing too; I borrowed these Thursday and that very evening I succumbed to a virus which left me without much energy for anything other than curling up with a book.

Which proves that you should always listen to those books that want to go home with you.

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire and Marg.

4 comments:

  1. Great picks! Hard to go wrong with Bill Bryson. I'm a big fan of Georgette Heyer's Regency novels but I've never read any of her mysteries - I must remedy that!

    Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why Shoot a Butler is one of the few Heyer mysteries I have read. I think I prefer her regencys but it was still a fun read.

    You are in for a treat with Guernsey.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire: It took me ages to discover her mysteries! I've still only read the one. And the Bryson was great ... and to a non-American, somewhat mind-boggling. Especially when they've had a dozen years to get nuttier since the book was published.

    Marg: I'm saving Guernsey and enjoying the anticipation.

    And wouldn't you know it? I spent a dreary weekend and started feeling better just in time for Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely good thing you brought home those books! :) Why Shoot a Butler? was a fun read!

    ReplyDelete

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Header image shows detail of A Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, c. 1776